- Esperanza Macarena Algarín Pachón
- Andrea Díaz Tejedor
- Pedro Mogollón Arroyo
- Teresa Paíno Gómez
- Noemí Puig Morón
- Alejandro Crespo Carazo
- Mauro Lorenzo Mohamed
- Mª Montserrat Martín Sánchez
- Lorena González Méndez
- Diana Loa Mesón
- Study the interaction of myeloma cells with the bone marrow microenvironment, especially with mesenchymal stromal cells, to identify molecules that could participate in the physiopathology of multiple myeloma and/or in the development of bone lesions.
- Clarify the role played by exosomes as paracrine mediators in multiple myeloma tumour-microenvironment interactions, and explore the potential value of circulating exosomes as biomarkers for the diagnosis, prognosis or response to this disease.
- Pre-clinical testing of anti-myeloma drugs or drugs that can have a beneficial effect on osteolytic lesions linked with myeloma or other conditions (anabolic effect and/or resorption inhibitor).
- Describe the efficacy and mechanisms of action of novel immunotherapy agents (isolated or in combination with standards drugs in multiple myeloma) using in vitro and in vivo models (development of humanized murine models).